Here are some engagement photos I found on the web. Unfortunately some are very cheesy and ‘wrong’ but others are unique and sweet! Enjoy!
Words and letters can communicate in more creative ways. These portraits are amazing and I wanted to share them with you. I had to add the french fries because they are my favorite food! Enjoy!
The holiday’s are all associated with specific colors, themes and merchandise. These are all marketing gimmicks in order for retailers to sell more. Why do you have to wear red or green on Christmas, Orange and black on Halloween, Red and pink on Valentine’s Day and etc?
Some holidays were created by Hallmark in order to sell greeting cards. Like Father’s day, boss day, Mother’s day and … Now it is so part of our culture that if we don’t buy merchandise for these events, we will feel guilty and will seem like we are careless human beings. That is smart marketing my friends!
I believe we should buy things because we like them not because marketers make us think we need them! Girls don’t always have to be labeled by pink and boys by blue, poor green, yellow and purple.
I believe sport team colors, holidays and University mascots and colors are all methods of selling more merchandise.
Do you approve the way marketers control consumer’s wallets or you don’t mind?
Two Bitter Photoshop Stories:
- Spent 3 hours Photo-shopping a dark blurry picture of Ex Boss’s baby in a messy kitchen background onto a white background, editing colors, removing shadows, drool and hair flyaway’s for his passport- result: “Never mind I guess I will have to take him to a photo studio after all…” Really? I already told you that before I slaved off knowing that the results will not be ‘Passport-friendly’. Sometimes you just need to do it so your boss won’t think you are unable or unwilling.
- Client brought a printed image of two tango dancers in a street and wanted it to be to blown up into a 8f tx 5ft banner. I explained calmly and patiently why it won’t look good for ten minutes and asked for a better quality one, she looked extremely puzzled got mad at me and stormed out. 1. It wasn’t a digital file it was a faded print with water stains on it, creating a half watercolor effect 2. The photo was taken in direct sunlight, so half the picture was silhouette and half the image and background was blown out into white because of the light, making the figures half zombie half what-the-hell-is-that -glob? 3. The image was enlarged from a thumbnail, so it was already pixilated”. Need I say more?
Some Photoshop Facts and Tips:
- “Photoshop” has the word “photo” in it so it is pixel based. Logos and text created in Photoshop will not look good when enlarged because they are not vector based. Want a logo? Use Illustrator.
- Photoshop is not instant plastic surgery, but it helps a lot.
- Photoshop is time consuming, so respect the editing time.
- Photoshop has the power to make you look better or worse.
- If a photo is not decent quality, there is a certain limit that Photoshop can improve it.
- Photoshop is not magic but it is pretty awesome.
- Don’t over edit photos into super perfect, specifically face wrinkles. Mellow out the wrinkles, if you remove them completely the person will look unnatural.
- If a photo is shot right it will not need a lot of retouching just minor adjustments.
- You can never stop improving your Photoshop skills. There is always more to learn.
- Photoshop is fun and you can get very creative with it.
- Always save your original file and your layered .PSD file.
- Constantly save your work after you “Save as” by using Ctrl+s.
Ridiculous Photoshop requests and Sarcastic responses:
-He doesn’t like his glasses, can you Photoshop them off his face?
Um, I can spend an hour doing that, or he can take another picture without them so his face won’t look strange.
-Can you use the skinny filter and make me look 50 pounds thinner?
Sorry, there is no filter to shed pounds off, but I can spend hours fixing something you will still be unhappy with. Just embrace the way you look while posing better for the camera.
-Can you make my hair look straight?
Sorry, there is no flat iron feature, extreme free time or will for me to want to do that.
If you freelance you will know that it is truly stressful. The most obnoxious part of being a freelancer is that clients think it’s free! Even your friends do! Ok, so how am I suppossed to pay the bills? How would you like to work for free for a random stranger and MAYBE get paid IF they become successful or MAYBE get stock options if you work a significant amount..?!
Just because you chose the creative route to provide for yourself, it does not mean that you have to give unconditional freebies. If they have a tight budget that is not your problem, give a discount or do a trade but do not slave off because you are a very sweet person.
An exception is for it to be a gift to a friend or family member. For example, designing a couple’s wedding invitations instead of getting a blender from their registry.
It’s ridiculous how common these requests are becoming very ordinary for the average Joe. Someone I know (or knew), would just contact me when she wanted new Facebook profile pictures and I would take her portraits. But one day I was fed up and said I charge now and I can give you a friend and family discount. I haven’t seen her or heard from her in two in a half years!
If people genuinely love you and want you to succeed, they will make up for your time and efforts, not necessarily in a financial way. I assisted a Photographer friend’s photo shoot for a couple hours, in return I asked for free time at her studio as a trade. A win win for both!
I have made many free designs for non-profits and didn’t even get a thank you or credit for my work. My advice to you is making sure you get a tax write off from the organization or at least credit for your work to be used on your website and portfolio.
Learn from my mistakes, don’t make free designs for start-ups either – I never got a penny royalty from them even thought they sold a couple of my designs.
- Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short – enjoy it.
4. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don’t have to win every argument. Stay true to yourself.
7. Cry with someone. It’s more healing than crying alone.
8. It’s OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.
12. It’s OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye, but don’t worry, God never blinks.
16.. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful. Clutter weighs you down in many ways.
18. Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
19.. It’s never too late to be happy. But it’s all up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don’t take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, and then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don’t wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words ‘In five years, will this matter?’
27. Always choose life.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn’t do.
35. Don’t audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative of dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. Accept what you already have, not what you need
42. The best is yet to come…
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn’t tied with a bow, but it’s still a gift.”
Centerpieces don’t necessarily need to me made out of flowers or candles. With candy, glue, vases or flowerpots and a little ribbon you can create beautiful designs. I found these online, so I don’t know who to give credit to! These center pieces are good for weddings, parties, birthdays, indoor and outdoor events, and a kitchen accessory.
For creating this design you will need a flower sponge ball, stick, ribbon, gum-balls, glue, bucket and paper.You can bunch up the paper in the bucket and insert a stick in the center. Bit by bit you glue on the candy on the sponge ball and let it dry, when you are almost done, insert the ball on the stick and add the remaining candy.
You can use a donut flower sponge for this design. Glue on two rows of Ferrero Rocher chocolates and in the center you can either stick the flower stems in the sponge or just keep them in a cup of water.
(you will need a flower donut sponge, wrapped candy or chocolate, glue, flowers and a cup)This centerpiece is similar to the first, with a different choice of candy and hand painted flower pots. Matching ribbon is an adorable touch. You can use seasonal candy, peppermints, toffees or etc.
How cute and colorful is this centerpiece?! Again just bunch up some paper and if you prefer, you van put a flower sponge under it all. Stick the lollipops and add some Jellybeans, M&M’s or whatever you have.